The inaugural edition of Champions league saw hard-hitting allround Pollard emerging as one of the most sought after Twenty20 player. Here are the records and statistics for teams, batsmen and bowlers in the inaugural edition.
Highest and Lowest Team Scores
- Trinidad & Tobago remained the only team to score more than 200 runs, when they scored 213/4 in the semifinal match.
Cape Cobras were the only team who were bowled out below 100. Delhi Daredevils bowlers packed them at 84.
Delhi (98/8), Sussex (95/8), Eagles (91/9) and Victoria (90/9) were the other teams to have scored less than 100 in an innings.
Biggest & Narrowest Victories by Runs
- Royal Challengers Bangalore registered the biggest victory by runs when they beat Otago by 80 runs.
Trinidad & Tobago registered the narrowest victory of 3 runs defeating Deccan Chargers.
Biggest & Narrowest Victories by Wickets
- 8 wickets – Cape Cobras defeated Victoria
1 wicket – Somerset defeated Deccan Chargers
Only 3 batsmen could cross 200-run mark.
- 224 Duminy of Cape Cobras in 5 innings
207 Warner of NSW in 6 innings
202 P Hughes of NSW in 6 innings
There was only one century scored in the tournament. Duminy remained unbeaten on 99. 21 half-centuries were scored.
- 104* Puttick (Cape Cobras) vs Otago
99* Duminy (Cape Cobras) vs RCB
83 P Hughes (NSW) vs T&T
- 14 Pollard (T&T) in 5 innings
11 Ross Taylor (RCB) in 4 innings
10 Duminy (Cobras) in 5 innings
- 18-ball 54 not out by Pollard (T&T) against NSW, with 5 sixes and 5 boundaries.
Only three bowlers could grab double-digit wickets in the tournament.
- 12 Dwayn Bravo (T&T) in 22 overs
10 Henriques (NSW) in 16.3 overs
10 C McKay (Victoria) in 20 overs
Most Runs Conceded in Inning
Two bowlers conceded more than 50 runs in an inning.
- 59/0 in 4 overs Amit Mishra (DD) vs RCB
54/1 in 4 overs du Preez (Eagles) vs T&T
49/1 in 3.3 overs Henriques (NSW) vs T&T
Best Bowling Figures
Four bowlers grabbed 4-wicket haul in an inning.
- 4/17 de Villiers (Eagles) v Somerset
4/21 AB McDonald (Victoria) vs RCB
4/23 Dwayn Bravo (T@T) vs Somerset
4/24 Nannes (DD) vs Wayamba
- 4 each by Ramdin (T&T) and D Smith (NSW)
- 5 each by Katich (NSW) and Pollard (T&T)
Only one 100-plus partnership took place. Thirty 50-plus partnership were registered.
- 121 1st wkt P Hughes & Warner (NSW) vs T&T
95 3rd wkt Puttick & Duminy (Cobras) vs Otago
93* 4th wkt Ganga & Bravo (T&T) vs Cobras