New Zealand is neither a minnow nor a top favorite team, ever. Despite their one semifinal appearance in inaugural T20 World Cup, they have never got above the underdogs status due to their lack of consistency. Surprisingly despite being considered a good T20 team they have only 50% success rate.
Placed in Group C, they lost one and another one in Super Eight. But Pakistan was too good for them in the semifinal.
- 1. Def Kenya by 9 wickets.
2. Lost to Sri Lanka by 7 wickets.
3. Def India by 10 runs.
4. Def England by 5 runs.
5. Lost to South Africa by 6 wickets.
6. Lost to Pakistan by 6 wickets in Semifinal.
Lost a match in Group D and fared badly at Super Eight.
- 1. Def Scotland by 7 wickets.
2. Lost to South Africa by 1 run.
3. Def Ireland by 83 runs.
4. Lost to Pakistan by 6 wickets.
5. Lost to Sri Lanka by 48 runs.
- 1. Def Sri Lanka by 2 wickets.
2. Def Zimbabwe by 7 runs.
3. Lost to South Africa by 13 runs.
4. Def Pakistan by 1 run.
5. Lost to England by 3 wicets.
- 1. Def Ban by 59 runs.
2. Lost to Pak by 13 runs.
3. Lost to SL in tie.
4. Lost to Eng by 6 wickets.
5. Lost to WI in tie.