Delhi Smashers were big buyers at auction, but their team against Mumbai Masters appeared to be the weakest one can get. While Mumbai Masters had captain lee Chong wei back, they had the luxury to rest the Best Player of the Tournament Ivanov, still they emerged easy winner as Delhi Smashers fielded players that appeared very weak. On the third consecutive day of IBL, the tie score read 4-1 as Mumbai Masters won to join Hyderabad Hotshots on the top at Points Table.
In his first game of the tournament top seed in Men’s Singles, Lee Chong Wei (MM) was declared Player of the Tie.
- 1. Men’s Singles: Lee Chong Wei (MM) def Liew Daren (KDS) 21-12, 21-17.
2. Women’s Singles: Tine Baun (MM) def Arundhati Panthawane (KDS) 21-11, 21-13.
3. Men’s Doubles: Kien Keat Koo/Boon Hoeng Tan def Sumeet Reddy/Manu Attri (MM) 14-21, 21-15, 11-7
4. Men’s Singles: Marc Zwiebler (MM) def Sai Praneeth (KDS) 21- , 21- .
5. Mixed Doubles: Tine Baun/Lee Wei Chong def Prajakta Sawant/V Diju 21-18,