Winning all the 4 matches at group stage, India remains on top of the Points Table and emerges as the best team of the tournament. Other teams have lost at least one match. Winning all matches convincingly, bowlers being the best, losing only 15 wickets in 4 games, even the most committed Indian fan could not have dream of such a dominance that too after playing only 5 T20 Internationals since the 2012 T20 World Cup. Check the complete summary and evaluation of Indian performance after their completion of group stage performances.
Summary of Indian Dominance
- 1. None of the teams have scored above 138 runs against them, making them only the second team after Nepal to achieve the feat.
2. 50-run partnership for 4th wicket between Shoaib Malik and Umar Akhmal is the biggest partnership against India, so far.
3. Indian team has registered 2 century partnerships and 3 50+ partnerships.
4. No batsmen could manage a half-century against them.
5. 5 half-centuries from Indian batsmen is the maximum 50+ scores by any team.
6. None of the opposition bowlers have got more than 1 wicket against them in four matches.
7. Indian bowlers have won 4 Player of the Match awards, 2 each by Amit Mishra and Ashwin.
8. B Kumar has bowled the most economical spell in T20 Cricket, in matches involving Test-playing nations.
9. Lost only 15 wickets in 4 games. But grabbed 31 wickets.
10. 73 runs victory is the best by a team (Shared with WI) in 2014.
11. 170 runs in 4 games makes Virat Kohli the highest run scorer of the tournament. Rohit Sharma is at 4th place with 147 runs.
12. With 9 wickets Amit Mishra is the joint second best bowler of tournament with Steyn, behind Imran Tahir. 7 wickets make Ashwin joint third best bowler iwth Badree.
13. 4.33 economy rate in 12 overs of 4 matches make B Kumar the most economical bowler of the tournament. Ashwin is at third with 4.76, Amit Mishra at 6th with 5.26.
14. 4/11 by Ashwin is tournament’s second best bowling figure.
15. 3/48 gives Jadeja the worst bowling performer from India, and he is the only Indian to have conceded more than 30 runs in a match.
16. 2 century partnerships provided twice by Kohli/Rohit makes India the only country to share such partnership twice.
Results at Group Stage
- India def Pakistan by 7 wickets in 18.3 overs
India def West Indies by 7 wickets in 19.4 overs
India def Bangladesh by 7 wickets in 18.3 overs
India def Australia by 73 runs.
Team Scores Against India
- Pak 130/7
Aus 86 (16.2 overs) (Lowest T20 Scores)
Highest Individual Scores vs India
- 44 by Anamul Haque in 43 balls
34 by Chris Gayle in 33 balls
33 by Umar Akhmal in 30 balls
- 6s Against: 2+6+4+5 = 17
6s for: 4+3+4+6=17
4s Against: 11+9+16+3=39
4s For: 14+11+9+11=45