With the completion of 36th match of IPL 2014, all the teams completed 9 matches for the season. The Points Tally indicate that Kings XI and Chennai Super Kings still hold the joint position on top and Rajasthan Royals are a win away from joining them. For the fourth position KKR appears the best contender, but SRH, MI and RCB are still in race, while Delhi Daredevils are the only team to be considered knocked out now. Among individual performances Maxwell and Bhuvneswar Kumar are still way ahead of the rest with respective Orange and Purple Caps. There have been last over shockers, high chases, hattricks, below 100 scores too, but no century and no 5-wicket haul in an innings so far. Check the summary of records and statistics of individual and team till the end of 36th match.
In the remaining 5 matches each for the teams, the contest appears to be for the 3rd and 4th position. CSK and Kings XI are just one win away from reaching the safe 16 points. RR needs two win. KKR is surging ahead. For them the second half has been the opposite of the failures faced in first half. Uthappa, Gambhir opening stands are taking them higher with every match. DD is already out of contention. RCB, MI and SRH are others in contention. But based on current inconsistent performances appears three of them will fail to catch Kings XI, CSK, RR, and KKR, unless the fortune change again dramatically in the remaining matches.
- Dwayn Bravo to be replaced by David Hussey for CSK.
Zaheer Khan replaced by Praveen Kumar by MI.
Nic Maddinson replaced by Rilee Rossouw for RCB.
Chris Gayle to be replaced.
- 1. 8 consecutive wins (KXIP) is a new record for any team.
2. 5 consecutive losses by MI is a new record for any team at the start of any edition, without winning any match.
3. 132 is the new record for 4th wicket (AB de Villiers, Yuvraj, RCB 3. vs RR).
4. 2nd Time score of 200+ Chased (KXIP vs CSK)
5. 100 IPL wickets for Amit Mishra, 2nd bowler after Malinga.
6. 231 by KXIP is joint 5th highest for all time IPL scores.
7. 3 consecutive ducks by Gambhir make him the batsman with highest number of ducks, total 10 in IPL.
8. First time a super tie was played between KKR and RR. RR won based on more number of boundaries as both were tied at 11 runs even in Super Over.
IPL 2014 Stats
- 1. Two hattricks, Tambe and Watson (Both RR)
2. Three 200-plus scores.
3. Two below 100 total.
4. 364 sixes hit.
5. Kings XI and CSK on top with 14 points. RR on 12 points.
6. 17 wickets by B Kumar (SRH).
7. 5.46 economy by B Kumar in 35.3 overs is the best so far. 5.94 in 35 overs make Chahal (RCB) the only other bowler to have economy below 6 after bowling more than 15 overs.
6. 474 runs by Maxwell gives him the Orange Cap. CSK openers Smith (396) and McCullum (327) are at 2nd and 3rd.
Top 5 Batsman
Maxwell was way ahead of the lot, but slowly others are catching up.
- 474 Maxell
396 Dwayn Smith
297 Miller and Warner
Top 5 bowlers
Malinga is rising up, although the key fight has been between B Kumar, Mohit Sharma, Narine and Tambe.
- 17 Bhuvneswar Kumar
15 Malinga, Mohit Sharma
13 Sandeep Sharma, Narine
12 Varun Aaron
Best Bowling in an Innings
None of the bowlers have taken 5 wickets so far, but Jadeja has taken 4 wickets twice.
- 4/12 Jadeja vs KKR
4/13 Balaji vs SRH
4/14 Mohit Sharma (vs MI), B Kumar (vs RR)
4/20 Narine (vs MI), Tambe (vs RCB)
4/23 Malinga (Vs KKR)
4/33 Jadeja (vs RR)
4/35 Yuvraj (vs RR)
Most Runs Conceded in an Innings
Amit Mishra has been the surprise punching bag of the season, although the season has not been so bad for bowlers so far.
- 2/56 Amit Mishra (SRH vs KXIP), Harsha Patel (RCB vs KXIP)
0/54 Amith Mishra (SRH vs MI)
0/51 Dinda (RCB vs DD)
1/51 Murali Kartik (KXIP vs RR), Mohit Sharma (CSK vs DD)
1/50 Dhawal Kulkarni (RR vs KXIP)
Highest Individual Scores
In Batsmen Maxwell has made people forget Chris Gayle. 4 of the top 5 scores belong to him, still none has hit centuries. Besides that there have been exceptional knocks from AB de Villiers, Dweayn Smith, McCullum, Finch, Pollard, Kallis. Even Sehwag and Yuvraj roared once each.
- 95 Maxwell (vs CSK, vs SRH)
90 Maxwell (vs CSK)
89* AB de Villiers (vs SRH)
89 Maxwell (vs RR)
88* Finch (vs DD)
Kings XI is certainly ruling the batting arena scoring 4 of the top 6 high scores, and also chasing 200+ once.
- 231/4 KXIP vs CSK
206/4 KXIP vs CSK
205/4 CSK vs KXIP
198/8 KCIP vs RCB
193/3 KXIP vs RR
193/6 KXIP vs SRH
191/5 RR vs RCB, KXIP
There have been lesser number of one-sided games this season, although DD has certainly made opponents more happy than other teams.
- 93 runs CSK vs DD
9 Wickets KKR vs KXIP
42 balls RR vs RCB
The tournament, specially the UAE part can be remembered for dropped catches where even the best fielders dropped sitters. But, then there have been exceptional catches too that can compete for catch of the century. Can any one forget Chris Lynn whose catch turned a losing match into winning cause!!
- 8 Catches Faf du Plessis, David Warner
7 Steven Smith, David Miller, Raina
11 Dismissals Parthiv Patel
9 Wriddhiman Saha
100+ Partnerships: 12
CSK openers and KXIP’s Maxwell and Miller duo have got a new company in Gambhir and Uthappa in scoring century partnerships.
- 135 3rd Maxwell, Miller vs CSK
132 4th AB de Villiers, Yuvraj vs RR
131 Kallis, Manish Pandey vs MI
130 Simmons, Rayudu vs SRH