Before the last matches, Group F contributed only 5 goals between the four teams. But their last match were do or die situation for at least three of them, while Argentina had to play for top ranking in the group. Ultimately, the last two matches saw 8 goals scored. Scoring in all the games and leading jointly in the race to Golden Boot, Messi threw a major challenge to the knockout opponents.
Summary: Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D
FIFA World Cup 2014: Points Table, Schedule and Results in Indian Standard Time, Goal Statistics, Goal Scores, Groups and Team Qualification
History and Records: History of All Previous Editions, History of Hattricks, Who Reached Top Four in Previous Editions!!
Group B Statistics
- 13 goals in 6 matches produced one of the lowest goal percentage of a group in the 2014 World Cup.
Messi scored in all the three matches.
Group F Records
- First FIFA World Cup where no debutant team could reach 2nd round.
Group Stage History of All Four
Nigeria entered its third second round in FIFA World Cup, after 1994 and 1998 World Cup.
- Own goal by Kolašinac of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Vs Argentina) in 2 minutes 9 seconds is the fastest own goal in FIFA World Cup history.
Lionel Messi received Man of the Match in all the three games.
Group F Points Tally
M=Matches, W=Won, L=Loss, D = Draw, GS=Goals Scored, GC=Goals conceded, GD= Goal difference, P=Points
|Bosnia and H||3||1||2||0||4||4||0||3|
Group F Match Results
- 1. Argentina def Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-1, Man of the Match: Messi
2. Nigeria drew Iran 0-0, Man of the Match: John Obi Mikel
3. Argentina def Iran 1-0, Man of the Match: Messi
4. Nigeria def Bosnia and Herzegovina 1-0, Man of the Match: Peter Odemwingie
5. Argentina def Nigeria 3-2, Man of the Match: Messi
6. Bosnia and Herzegovina def Iran 3-1, Man of the Match: Edin Džeko
Goal Scorers of Group F
- Argentina: 5 (4: Lionel Messi, 1: Marcos Rojo)
Bosnia and Herzegovina: 4 (1: Vedad Ibišević, Edin Džeko, Miralem Pjanić, Avdija Vršajević)
Iran: 1 (Reza Ghoochannejhad)
Nigeria: 3 (2: Ahmed Musa, 1: Peter Odemwingie)