Srinivasan is fighting the court, CSKs future is in doubt but the impact of both still exists. Murali Vijay gets a place but Pujara does not know how to play ODI line is still maintained as the 30-member Indian Men’s team is announced for the 2015 World Cup. What keeps Pujara out but Murali Vijay in? Can anyone play better on Australian pitches than Pujara? When Chanderpaul and Sangakkara can play for their teams, what is going against the young player?
Only four players from the 2011 World Cup winning squad are retained and they are sure of their place in the final squad too as their names are MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli and Ashwin.
While the end of road was visible for Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh and Zaheer Khan due to non-performance over the last one year even at domestic level, Gambhir could not convert the opportunity he got so even in England and at local level also was just mediocre. The surprise omission is Harbhajan Singh though.
Surprise Omissions if One Goes by Current Performances:
1. Vinay Kumar: He led Karnataka to three trophies last season and also won the Vijay Hazare title. But, Dinda was preferred ahead of him.
2. Harbhajan Singh: He has performed well at the club level in 2014 playing for Punjab and other teams.
Surprise Inclusions if One Goes by Current Performances:
1. Murali Vijay: How does one justify his inclusion ahead of Pujara!!
2. Manoj Tiwary: When he deserved a place the Indian team made him warm the benches during many series till he injured himself. Inclusion might be good news, but he knows getting into final 14 will be almost impossible for him.
3. Kuldeep Yadav: He was made to warm benches in the home series vs West Indies although Akshar Patel was included in between the series and allowed to play. He also knows his fate will not be much different from Manoj Tiwary.
4. Ashok Dinda: Another chance for him!! May be his yorkers in the death overs has given him a life.
- Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, Manoj Tiwary, Manish Pandey, M Vijay
- Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Dhawal Kulkarni, Stuart Binny, Mohit Sharma, Ashok Dinda
- R Ashwin, Parvez Rasool, Karn Sharma, Amit Mishra, Ravindra Jadeja, Akshar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav
- MS Dhoni, Robin Uthappa, Sanju Samson, Wriddhiman Saha