Since 1978 when the Champions Trophy was started till the Champions Trophy at Bhubaneswar in 2014, on 35 occasions Champions Trophy have been played. Germany won the 2014 Championships. Australia is the real champion reaching the semifinal in all the editions except 1996, 2002 and 2004. 14 teams have played in the tournaments so far. Check the list of past winners and other records related to Men’s Hockey Champions Trophy.
- Australia has appeared on all the 35 championships.
5 teams have won the Champions Trophy so far.
7 teams have Lost the final.
10 Teams have finished fourth
Belgium, France and Malaysia are the only teams to have not reached the semifinal even once.
Karachi has hosted it the maximum 6 times.
India has hosted it thrice (Twice in Chennai and once in Bhubaneswar)
New Zealand, Malaysia and Spain have also hosted it, besides the regular hosts Pakistan, Australia, Netherlands and Germany.
Argentina will host the next Champions trophy to be held in June 2016.
Winners, Runners up, Semifinalists
- Australia (13), Germany (10), Netherlands (8), Pakistan (3) and Spain (1).
- Australia (10), Germany (7), Pakistan (7), Netherlands (6) and Spain (2), Great Britain (2), South Korea (1)
- Netherlands (8), Pakistan (7), Germany (6), Australia (5), Spain (3), Great Britain (2), South Korea (2), India (1), Argentina (1)
- Netherlands (7), Pakistan (7), India (7), Australia (3), Germany (2), and Spain (2), Great Britain (2), South Korea (2), New Zealand (2), Soviet Union (1)
Team Appearances in 35 Champions Trophy
14 Teams have played in 35 editions of Champions Trophy. France and Belgium are the only team to have not entered the semifinal.
- 35 Australia
23 Great Britain
11 South Korea
7 New Zealand
5 Soviet Union
2 Belgium, Malaysia
Top Four Positions of Champions Trophy
1=Winner, 2=Runners up, 3= 3rd position, 4=4th position
|1978||Pakistan||Pakistan||Australia||Great Britain||New Zealand|
|2011||New Zealand||Australia||Spain||Netherlands||New Zealand|