Since 1978 when the Champions Trophy was started till the Champions Trophy at Bhubaneswar in 2014, on 35 occasions Champions Trophy have been played. Germany won the 2014 Championships while Australia has won in 2016 and 2018 Champions Trophy. Australia has reached the semifinal in all the editions except 1996, 2002 and 2004. 14 teams have played in the tournaments so far. Check the list of past winners and other records related to Men’s Hockey Champions Trophy.
- Australia has appeared on all the 37 championships.
5 teams have won the Champions Trophy so far.
8 teams have Lost the final.
10 Teams have finished fourth
Belgium, France and Malaysia are the only teams to have not reached the semifinal even once.
Karachi has hosted it the maximum 6 times.
India has hosted it thrice (Twice in Chennai and once in Bhubaneswar)
New Zealand, Malaysia and Spain have also hosted it, besides the regular hosts Pakistan, Australia, Netherlands and Germany.
Winners, Runners up, Semifinalists
- Australia (15), Germany (10), Netherlands (8), Pakistan (3) and Spain (1).
- Australia (10), Germany (7), Pakistan (7), Netherlands (6), India (2), Spain (2), Great Britain (2), South Korea (1)
- Netherlands (9), Pakistan (7), Germany (7), Australia (5), Spain (3), Great Britain (2), South Korea (2), India (1), Argentina (1)
- Netherlands (7), Pakistan (7), India (7), Australia (3), Germany (2), and Spain (2), Great Britain (3), South Korea (2), New Zealand (2), Argentina (1), Soviet Union (1)
Team Appearances in 37 Champions Trophy
14 Teams have played in 37 editions of Champions Trophy. France and Belgium are the only team to have not entered the semifinal.
- 37 Australia
24 Great Britain
12 South Korea
7 New Zealand, Argentina
5 Soviet Union
Top Four Positions of Champions Trophy
1=Winner, 2=Runners up, 3= 3rd position, 4=4th position
|1978||Pakistan||Pakistan||Australia||Great Britain||New Zealand|
|2011||New Zealand||Australia||Spain||Netherlands||New Zealand|
|2016||United Kingdom||Australia||India||Germany||Great Britain|