Anil Kumble became the 4th Indian to be inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame, joining the big league of 75 Cricketers who have been already inducted into ICC Hall of Fame. Since 2009, great players from 7 countries have been inducted into the hall of fame.
Kumble joins the three Indian greats Bishan Singh Bedi, Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev who earlier received the honour. In 2015, with him Betty Wilson, Australian Women Cricketer who played after second world war, has also been inducted. She is the first Cricketer (male or female) to score a century and take 10 wickets in the same test match.
The list of Hall of Famers include players from 1877 and has been awarded to the following countries:
- England 26
West Indies 17
South Africa 2
New Zealand 2
Anil Kumble: 1990-2008
2nd bowler after Jim Laker to achieve 10 wicket in one innings of a test match.
2nd highest wicket taker in Test matches.
- 2007-08, 14 test matches, 3 Won and 5 lost.
2002, 1 ODI, 1 won
- 619 wickets in 132 tests, 10 wickets in 8 tests, 5 or more wickets in 35 test innings. 10/74 is his best in an innings, 14/149 is his best in a test.
2506 runs scored in 173 innings with a century and 5 half-centuries.
- 337 wickets in 271 matches, 2 times 5 or more wickets with 6/12 being his best.
938 runs in 136 innings.
- Test: Aug 9-14, 1990 vs England at Manchester
ODI: April 25, 1990 vs Sri Lanka at Sharjah.
- Test: Oct 29-Nov 2, Delhi vs Australia
ODI: Mar 19, 2007 vs Bermuda at Port of Spain (World Cup match)