Day 1 of Malaysian Open saw 3 in Men’s Singles and 1 each in Women’s event proceed to the next round while the only Men’s Doubles pair lost. Saina Nehwal, Srikanth lead the Indian campaign towards the title in a tournament where no Indian has ever won. The famous Doubles duo of Jwala and Ashwini also started on a winning note. In the 2nd round all the 4 Indian play against chinese opponents.
Today’s Results: Won
- Saina Nehwal defeats Maria from Indonesia 21-13 21-16 in 37 minutes in the first round.
- 4th seed K Srikanth defeated Rajiv OUSEPH
(England) 21-10 15-21 24-22 in the first round.
Kashyap defeats Lee Dong Keyn (Korea) 21-15 11-21 21-14 in 1 hour 11 minutes.
HS Prannoy won 22-20 21-18 vs Scott Evans (Ireland).
- Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa win 21-14 18-21 21-16 vs Indonesian pair.
- Men’s Doubles : Manu ATTRI/B. Sumeeth Reddy lose 21-11, 21-17 to Indonesian pair.
2nd round Schedule
- HS Prannoy vs 5th seed Lin Dan
Kashyap Vs top seed Long Chen
K Srikanth Vs Houwei Tian
Saina Nehwal Vs Xue Yao.
Ashwini and Jwala meet 6th seed Indonesian pair.
HS Prannoy and Srikanth will meet their opponent for the first time. Srikanth is on a roll, while HS Prannoy has knocked out top seed Jorgensen in the recently concluded India Open 2015.
In their 7 meetings Kashyap has won only once against Long Chen, in Indonesian Open 2012.
Unseeded Xue Yao (China) has defeated then 8th seeded Saina Nehwal in their only meeting, at Malaysian Open 2014 winning 21-16 10-21 19-21.