After 9 matches of Pro Wrestling League 2, 36 bouts of Men and 27 bouts of Women, as NCR Punjab Royals top the league with 3 wins from 4 Tie, Punjab Captain Vladimir Khinchegashvili and Erica Wieb (for Mumbai), Rio 2016 Gold medallist, has emerged as the most successful wrestlers remaining undefeated in 4 bouts each. Surprisingly despite Punjab being on top, Manju Kumari and Krishan Kumar are the wrestlers who have lost maximum 3 bouts each. Sakshi Malik, Amit Dhankar and Rajneesh are the undefeated Indian wrestlers having been part of more than a bout. Odunayo has emerged as the most destructive wrestler winning all with maximum margins. Check who won all and who lost all till January 10 in the first 9 matches of PWL 2017.
5 Interesting Facts of Pre Wrestling League 2017
- 1. 9 Maximum bouts in a weight category: 75 kg Women, 57 Kg Men
2. 16-0 is the biggest winning margin in Women’s (Achieved 5 times)
3. 15-0 is the biggest winning margin in Men’s (Achieved by Jabrayil Hasanov vs Sumit)
3. 30 seconds is the quickest margin of win so far in Men’s.
4. 46 seconds is the quickest margin of win so far in Women’s.
5. Biggest Winner: Odunayo Folasade Adekuoroye of Punjab winning two bouts by 16-0 and one by 15-0
Teams: Jaipur Ninjas (JAI), Delhi Sultans (Del), Mumbai Maharathi (Mum), UP Dangal (UP), NCR Punjab Royals (Pun) and Haryana Hammers (HAR)
Women: Won All
75 Kg Erica Wieb Canada (MUM): Won 4
53 Kg: Odunayo Folasade Adekuoroye Nigeria (PUN): Won 3
58 Kg: Sakshi Malik India (DEL) Won 2
53 Kg: Sofia Mattsson Sweden (HAR): Won 2
Haryana’s Marwa Amri (58 Kg) and Indu (48 Kg) have won the only bout they had so far.
Women: Lost All
58 Kg: Manju Kumari India (PUN): lost 3
75 Kg: Kiran India (HAR): Lost 2
53 Kg: Lalita Sehrawat India (MUM): Lost 2
Men: Won All
57 Kg: Vladimir Khinchegashvili Georgia (PUN): 4
97 Kg: Elizbar Odikadze Georgia (JAI): 3
74 Kg: Jabrayil Hasanov Azerbaijan (MUM): 3
65 Kg: Togrul Asgarov Azerbaijan (PUN): 3
97 Kg:Abdusalam Gadisov Russia (HAR): 2
70 Kg: Amit Dhankar India (UP): 2
65 Kg: Rajneesh India (HAR): 2
Men: Lost All
97 Kg: Krishan Kumar India (PUN): 3
74 Kg: Livan Lopez Azcuy Cuba (UP): 2