India finish their European tour of 5 matches with 3 nations on a sensational note. Today in the last match they defeated Austria 4-3 scoring the winning goal with just 10 seconds to hooter. Austrians drew the first blood. After that India took 3-1 lead but two quick strikes in last quarter saw the score level at 3-3. The winner was decided by Chinglen Kangujam who scored field goal in the dying seconds of the match. Earlier, India played 2 matches each against Netherlands and Belgium.
Goal Scorers for India vs Austria: First two goals by Ramandeep Singh, last two goals by Chinglen Kangujam.
Summary of Indian Tour:
Goals Scored: 11
Goals Against: 11
5. Aug 16: Ind def Austria 4-3 (2 goals each by Ramandeep Singh, Chinglen Kangujam)
4. Aug 14: Ind def Netherlands 2-1 (Goals by Gurjant Singh and Mandeet Singh)
3. Aug 13: Ind def Netherlands 4-3 (Goals by 2 Manpreet Singh, 1 each by Varun Kumar and Harjeet Singh)
2. Aug 10: Ind lost to Belgium 1-3 (Goal by Armaan Quereshi)
1. Aug 9: Ind lost to Belgium 0-1
Indian Squad for Tour
Goalkeepers: Akash Chikte, Suraj Karkera.
Defenders: Dipsan Tirkey, Kothajit Singh, Gurinder Singh, Amit Rohidas, Varun Kumar.
Midfielders: SK Uthappa, Harjeet Singh, Manpreet Singh (C), Chinglensana Singh, Sumit, Nilakanta Sharma.
Forwards: Mandeep Singh, Ramandeep Singh, Lalit Kumar Upadhyay, Gurjant Singh, Armaan Qureshi.