After yesterday’s win against China, a tough match saw both the goals being scored in the last 10 minutes as Vandana Kataria (54′) and Gurjit Kaur (55′) scored. Gurjit Kaur scored 4th goal in 3 matches. China registered huge win to push Malaysia to third position in Pool A. India in Pool A and South Korea in Pool B topped the group with three wins each. Indians will face Kazakhstan in Quarterfinals on Nov 2.
Summary of Group A
1. India and South Korea won all the three matches.
2. Goal difference for South Korea is +20, the highest. Indian women had a goal difference of +15.
3. 25 goals: Maximum goals conceded by Singapore. 16 goals conceded by Kazakhstan.
4. 10-0 win by India is the biggest margin of victory in matches of both the pools.
5. Park Seung-a (South Korea) with 7 goals is the highest goal scorer so far.
India def Malaysia 2-0.
China def Singapore 7-0
South Korea def Kazakhstan 9-1
Japan def Thailand 7-1