Day 3 at World Badminton Championships 2018 saw all Indian Doubles team knocked out while Sindu, Srikanth and Sai Praneeth moved to Round 3 joining Saina Nehwal and Mixed Doubles Team of Ashwini Ponnappa / Satwiksairaj. Doubles team of Manu Attri / Sumeeth Reddy and Satwiksairaj Rankiredyy / Chirag Shetty gave a tough fight to higher ranked teams before bowing out. Sameer Verma and Women’s Doubles team of Ashwini / Sikki Reddy were also knocked out by higher seeds.
Badminton World Championships 2018 Results for India: Day 1 , Day 2
With 6 Singles Players and 12 Doubles Team, India Chase 1st Gold
Indians Create Record in 2017 World Championship
Indian Participants and Medal Winners at Badminton World Championships
BWF World Championships Past Winners: Men’s Singles, Women’s Singles
Day 3 Results for Indians
5th seed Srikanth Kidambi def Pablo Abian (Spain) 21-15 12-21 21-14 in 1 hour 2 minutes
Satwiksairaj Rankiredyy / Chirag Shetty lost to 8th seed Denmark pair 21-18 15-21 21-16 in 1 hour 8 minutes
Ashwini Ponnappa / Sikki Reddy lost to 2nd seed Japanese pair 21-14 21-15 in 37 minutes
11th seed HS Prannoy lost to Ygor Coelho (Brazil) 8-21 21-16 21-15 in 55 minutes
3rd seed Sindhu def Fitriani 21-14 21-9 in 35 minutes
Sai Praneeth def Luis Enrique (Spain) 21-18 21-11 in 33 minutes
Manu Attri / Sumeeth Reddy lost to 7th seed Japanese pair 22-24 21-13 21-16 in 1 hour 1 minutes
Sameer Verma lost to 9th seed Lin Dan (China) 21-17 21-14 in 45 minutes
Day 4 Schedule for India
11.15 p.m. Satwiksairaj Rankiredyy / Ashwini Ponnappa vs 7th seed Malaysian pair
01:15 p.m. 10th seed Saina Nehwal vs 4th seed Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand)
3:00 p.m. Sai Praneeth vs Vittinghus (Denmark)
Followed by 3rd seed Sindhu vs 9th seed Sung Ji Hyun (Korea)
3.30 p.m. Srikanth Kidambi vs Daren Liew (USA)
1. Sindhu leads Sung Ji Hyun 7-5. Sung Ji has won their only match played this year at Asia Championship while Sindhu leads 3-2 in the last 5 matches played between them.
2. Srikanth Kidambi trails 38th seed Daren Liew from USA 0-2. They played in 2012 and 2013 when Daren Liew was ranked 4th.
3. Saina leads Ratchanok 9-5 winning their last three matches including one in 2018 Indonesia Masters.
4. Sai Praneeth has lost all the 3 matches played before against Hans-Kritian Vittinghus.
5. Satwik and Ashwini have met the current 7th seed Malaysian pair of Soon Huat Goh and Jemie Lai only once at Commonwealth Games and emerged winner agains the then top seeds 21-19 21-19.