The 5-test series created multiple world records and team records. Check complete details.
1. 477 is the highest 1st innings score for a team to a lose by Innings as England lost at Chennai.
2. 3rd innings after debut for a triple century by Karun Nair is the fastest breaking 9 innings record by Len Hutton.
3. 18 test unbeaten streak is joint 5th best in Test history with England and Australia. West Indies (27), England (26), Australia (25) and Australia (22) are top four.
4. 1st all round performance (Jadeja at Chennai) of taking 10 wickets, scoring 50+ and taking 4 catches by any player in test.
5. 25 100+ partnerships by any opener (Cook) breaks record of Jack Hobbs and Graeme Smith. Cook also broke record of maximum 10 partners (latest with Jennings) for 100+ partnerships.
6. 70 dismissals in a calendar year by Bairstow (17 test, 31 innings) breaks record of 67 each by Ian Healy (16 test, 29 innings) and Mark Boucher (13 test, 25 innings).
7. 1st batsman (Kohli) to have a batting average of 50+ in all three formats.
1. 18 test unbeaten equals Indian record with Captain Gavaskar.
2. 235 is highest score by any Indian captain vs England.
3. 3rd captain in the world and 5th batsman in the world to score 3 double test hundreds in a calendar year.
1. 759/7d is Highest Test score for India against any opponent.
2. 4-0 is India’s biggest series win over England in 32 series.
3. 18 test unbeaten streak is new record for India beating previous record created between Sep 1985 to March 1987. Unlike 4 wins then, Indians have 14 wins in this streak.
4. 9 Tests won in a calendar year beating old record of 8 wins.
5. 1st time 3 batsmen at No. 7 or lower scored 50+ for India in an innings. Ashwin, Jadeja and Jayant got into special 14 league at world level.
6. 241 is highest Indian partnership for 8th wicket.
7. 1st No. 9 Indian batsman (Jayant Yadav) to score a test century, overall 20th and for 7th test team.
8. 6 dismissals of a batsman (Cook) by Jadeja is the best by any Indian in a series.
9. Jadeja’s 1st 10-wicket haul in test.
10. 7/48 is Jadeja’s best bowling in an innings.
11. 3 centuries in same innings at Mumbai by Indians.
1. 759/7d is Highest Test score against England by any opponent.
4 100+ partnerships by Cook is the highest by any overseas player in India.
192 by Adil Rashid at Mumbai is highest runs conceded by an England bowler at any overseas test match.
2 hundreds in a series for ENG in India: K Barrington (1961/62) C Cowdrey (1964) M Gatting (1984/85) A Strauss (2008) A Cook (2012) Moeen Ali (2016)
352 ball opening stand between Cook and Hameed is the longest for English openers in India in terms of balls faced.
7. 3 centuries in same innings at Rajkot by England.