Group H has the least fancied teams and the best among the lot qualified for the next round. The underdog Belgium and African King Algeria proved better than next edition host Russia and once semifinalist South Korea. Group Topper Belgium takes on USA and Algeria takes on Group G topper Germany in the Round of 16.
Summary: Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D, Group E, Group F, Group G
FIFA World Cup 2014: Points Table, Schedule and Results in Indian Standard Time, Goal Statistics, Goal Scores, Groups and Team Qualification
History and Records: History of All Previous Editions, History of Hattricks, Who Reached Top Four in Previous Editions!!
Group H Statistics
- 15 goals in 6 matches produced one of the lowest goal percentage of a group in the 2014 World Cup.
Algeria was involved in 11 of those goals, scoring the highest 6 goals in the group.
Islam Slimani of Algeria was declared MOM twice.
Group H Records
- 506 minute of scoreless streak by Algeria (since 1986) was the third highest behind 517 minutes of Bolivia (1930 to 1990) and 511 minutes by Honduras.
Algeria became the first African team to score more than four goals in a World Cup match.
Algeria reached second round for the first time.
Group Stage History of All Four
- Algeria reached 2nd round for the first time in fourth attempt.
Belgium reached 2nd round for the 6th time in 12th appearance at World Cup.
South Korea failed to make its third appearance in 2nd round 9th attempt.
Russia made its 7th appearance in 2nd round. It has failed only thrice, consecutively in the last three appearances in 1990, 1994 and 2002 World Cups.
- Islam Slimani of Algeria was declared MOM twice.
Group H Points Tally
M=Matches, W=Won, L=Loss, D = Draw, GS=Goals Scored, GC=Goals conceded, GD= Goal difference, P=Points
Group H Match Results
- 1. Belgium def Algeria 3-1, Man of the Match: Kevin De Bruyne
2. Russia drew South Korea 1-1, Man of the Match: Son Heung-min
3. Belgium def Russia 1-0, Man of the Match: Eden Hazard
4. Algeria def South Korea 4-2, Man of the Match: Islam Slimani
5. Belgium def South Korea 1-0, Man of the Match: Jan Vertonghen
6. Russia drew Algeria 1-1, Man of the Match: Islam Slimani
Goal Scorers of Group H
- Algeria: 6 (2: Islam Slimani, 1: Sofiane Feghouli, Rafik Halliche, Yacine Brahimi, Abdelmoumene Djabou)
Belgium: 4 (1: Marouane Fellaini, Dries Mertens, Divock Origi, Jan Vertonghen)
Russia: 2 (1: Aleksandr Kerzhakov, Alexander Kokorin)
South Korea: 3 (1: Lee Keun-ho, Son Heung Min, Koo Jacheol)
Leave a Reply