Despite their 1-4 defeat in earlier match against Hotshots, Pune Pistons failed to learn. Hyderabad Hotshots decimated Pune Pistons in the first semifinal of Indian Badminton League played at Hyderabad. Hotshots await the winner of other semifinal between Mumbai Masters and Awadhe Warriors to be played at Bangalore. Ajay Jayaram earned second Player of the Tie Award, against the same opponents.
Indian Badminton League Facts
Teams and Players
Indian Badminton League: 24 Foreign Players from 10 Countries
Hyderabad Hotshots def Pune Pistons 3-0
1. Men’s Singles: Ajay Jayaram (HH) def Tien Minh Nguyen (PP) 21-17, 21-11
2. Women’s Singles: Saina Nehwal def Juliane Schenk 21-10 19-21, 11-8
3. Men’s Doubles: Shem V Goh /Khim Lim wah (HH) def Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Sanave Thomas (PP) 16-21, 21-14, 11-7
4. Men’s Singles: S Tanongsak (HH) def Sourabh Verma Not PLAYED
5. Mixed Doubles: Ponnappa/Nielsen (PP) def Tarun Kona/Pradnya Gadre (HH) Not PLAYED
First and Second Match were Repeat
- Ajay Jayaram repeated the success against Tien Minh Nguyen emerging winner again in straight sets in the opening match of the tie.
Even Saina Nehwal and Schenk played a replay as Saina won again in the third set, the only difference being that Schenk won the second set instead of the first set she has won in their last match at Pune.
Men’s Doubles had different Opponents, but same result
- Pune Pistons changed their Men’s doubles pair as Thomas got Nielsen as partner instead of Rupesh Kumar with whom he lost in straight sets against Hotshots pair Goh and Lim. Pistons needed to win the match being 0-2 down to take the fight of tie to next match. The aggressive game from Hotshots pair caught the Pistons pair unaware. But Nielsen’s counter attack earned them the first game, still inexperience of Thomas costed Pistons the match and the tie as they went down 3-0 making other matches inconsequential.
Leave a Reply