Indian SSS Trio of Sindhu, Saina and Srikanth had an easy outing in Round 2 as they won in straight sets as they enter the challenging round tomorrow. In Round 3, Srikanth will play Jonatan, who knocked out 2nd seed Yuqi, Saina will play Portnpawee, who knocked out Yamaguchi. Sindhu will play 5th seed Carolina Marin. Men’s doubles team fought hard but could not move to next round.
Upsets of Round 2 at Indonesian Masters 2019
- 2nd seed Yuqi Shi (China) lost to Jonatan Christie (Indonesia)
- 4th seed Akane Yamaguchi lost to Pornpawee (Indonesia)
- 5th seed Thailand pair of Dechapol/Sapsiree lost Mixed Doubles match to chinese pair
- 7th seed Japanese Women’s Doubles pair of Shiho / Koharu lost
- 7th seed English Adcocks lost Mixed Doubles
Indian Results in Round 2
- Sindhu def 23-21 21-7 in 37 minutes
- Saina Nehwal def 21-17 21-15 in 43 minutes
- Srikanth Kidambi def 21-14 21-9 in 30 minutes
- Manu Atri / Sumeeth Reddy lost to 5th seed Danish pair 21-14 17-21 21-10 in 49 minutes
Round 3 Schedule for Indians
- Srikanth Kidambi vs Jonatan Christie (Indonesia)
- Saina Nehwal vs Pornpawee (Indonesia)
- 2nd seed Sindhu vs 5th seed Carolina Marin (Spain)
Srikanth and Jonatan have won 2 matches each in 4 meetings with Jonatan winning last in 2018 Badminton Asia Team Championships
Saina leads her opponent 3-0 winning the three matches they played, all in 2017.
Carolina leads Sindhu 7-5 with both winning once each in 2018.