As Badree grabbed the first hattrick of IPL 2017, Andrew Tye made it the first time for IPL to have seen two hattricks in a day (April 14, 2017). For both it was the debut match at IPL. Unadkat joined the party too in 2017. Indian Premier League witnessed 17th hattrick in 10 editions. Pravin Tambe grabbed the first hattrick of IPL 2014. Amit Mishra had the second hattrick of IPL and his third, most by any IPL bowler, on the very next day after Narine grabbed the first hattrick of IPL 2013. Here is the list of hattricks and records associated with IPL hattricks.
Indian Premier League 2017: Schedule and Results
List of 17 Hattricks
- Shane Watson (RR) vs SRH in 2014, Ahmedabad.
Pravin Tambe (RR) vs KKR in 2014
Balaji (CSK) vs KXIP in 2008
Amit Mishra (DD) vs DC in 2008
Ntini (CSK) vs KKR in 2008
Yuvraj (KXIP) vs RCB in 2009
Rohit Sharma (DC) vs MI in 2009
Yuvraj (KXIP) vs DC in 2009
Praveen Kumar (RCB) vs RR in 2010
Chandila (RR) vs PWI in 2012
Sunil Narine (KKR) vs Kings XI in 2013
Amit Mishra (SH) vs PWI in 2013
Axar Patel (KXIP) vs Gujarat Lions 2016
Samuel Badree (RCB) vs MI, 2017 Bengaluru
Andrew James Tye (GL) vs RPS, 2017 Rajkot
Unadkat (RPS) vs SRH, Hyderabad 2017
Bowlers Taking Hattrick More than Once
- 3- Amith Misra (For DD, DC and SRH)
2- Yuvraj Singh (For KXIP)
- 2008 – 4
2009 – 2
2010 – 1
2011 – 1
2012 – 1
2013 – 2
2014 – 2
2016 – 1
2017 – 3
Hattricks Taken by Teams
- 3 – RR, KXIP
2 – CSK, DC, RCB
1- DD, KKR, SRH, GL, RPS
Hattricks Taken Against Teams
- 3 – KXIP
2- KKR, DC, PWI, MI, SRH
1 – RCB, RR, GL, RPS
Facts about IPL Hattricks
- 1. Ntini is the only bowler to have taken hattrick without help, all bowled.
2. 6 hattricks were taken by fast bowlers, 11 by spinners.
3. 11 hattricks were completed in one over, other 6 spilled to next over.
4. Rohit Sharma is the youngest (22 years 6 days) to take a hattrick.
5. Pravin Tambe is the oldest (43 years) to take a hattrick.
6. Watson, Yuvraj, Narine and Badree’s hattricks are in losing causes.
7. Amit Mishra’s hattrick vs PWI in 2013 had 4 wickets in the over.