After finishing third in 2018 of ISSF Shooting World Cup Stage events with 4 Gold, 2 Silver and 4 Bronze medals, Indians made a promising start in the first World Cup of 2019 at New Delhi. Apurvi Chandela became fourth Indian women to grab a Gold Medal as she won the 10m Women Air Rifle event helping hosts, India to start event lasting from 20-27 Feb with a Gold medal. Saurabh Chaudhary sealed a World Cup Quota with his World Record score winning his first and India’s second Gold.
Apurvi Chandela rocks New Delhi’s final hall, winning the first gold medal of the 2019 ISSF World Cup with a new world record. 26-year old Indian ace shooter shot 252.19 in 10m Women Air Rifle. Two of the three shooters from China in final, finished 2nd and 3rd. 500 shooters, 30 medals, 14 Olympic Quotas. Chandela and Anjum Moudgil have already bagged Olympic Quota before for India in this event.
After 16 years, an Indian woman won a Gold medal in 10m Air Rifle event. In 2003, Anjali Bhagwat won Gold at Fort Benning.
Indian Squad for World Cup 2019 at New Delhi
- Feb 23 Women’s 10m Air Rifle Apurvi Chandela (Gold, WR), Anjum Moudgil (12th), Elaveni Valarivan (30th)
- Feb 23 50m Rifle 3 Positions Men Parul Kumar (22), Sanjeev Rajput (25)
- Feb 24 10M AIR PISTOL MEN (Medal Event) Saurabh Chaudhary (Gold, WR), Abhishek Verma (24), Ravinder Singh (26)
- Feb 24 25m Pistol Women (Medal Event) Manu Bhaker (5th), Rahi Sarnobat (13), Chinki Yadav (23)
- Feb 24 25M PISTOL WOMEN Extra Rapid Fire Annu Raj Singh
- Feb 25 10m Air Rifle Men (Medal Event) Deepak Kumar (34), Ravi Kumar (14), Divyansh Singh Panwar (12)
- Feb 25 50m Rifle 3 Positions Women Kajal Saini, Sunidhi Chauhan, Tejaswani Sawant
- Feb 25 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men Arpit Goel, Gurpreet Singh, Bhavesh Shekhawat
- Feb 26 Tejaswini Sawant Women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions event (Olympic Quota)
- Feb 26 50m Rifle 3 Positions Women
- Feb 26 10m Air Pistol Women Manu Bhaker, Shri Nivetha Paramanantham, Heena Sidhu
- Feb 25 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men