Colombo, Sri Lanka: The 3-test series ended at a stalemate of 1-1. Two results with a dull draw in-between. India retained the Series trophy due to the last series win. The 3 tests were perfect platform for batsmen. Yet, the almost unachievable world record was set in bowling by Muralitharan.
SL Vs Ind 2010 Test Series: New Records in Ind-SL competition
SL Vs Ind 2010 Test Series: Personal Milestones
SL Vs Ind 2010 Test Series: The Century Partnerships
SL Vs Ind 2010 Test Series: Top 10 Run Scorers from Both Teams
SL Vs Ind 2010 Test Series: Top 10 Wicket Takers from Both Teams
SL Vs Ind 2010 Test Series: Top 10 Catcher From Both Teams
World Records Created in Ind-SL 2010 Series
1. Muralitharan completed 800 wickets in his last test match.
2. Muralitharan extended his 5-wicket haul record of an inning to 67.
3. Tendulkar and Dravid extended their record century partnerships to 18.
4. Muralitharan and Mahela created a record of 78 dismissals between them.
5. Mahela Jayawerdene scored record 10th century on same ground (SSC, Colombo) surpassing Sir Bradman’s record of 9 such centuries on a ground.
6. Tendulkar created record of 150 plus scores in an inning in test. His 19th such inning broke the reocrd of Sir Bradman’s 18 150-plus scores in test matches.
7. Randiv create da record of conceding maximum runs by a debutant in a test. He conceded 222 runs. He also became the fourth most expensive test bowler in an inning.
8. Pragyan Ojha and Ishant Sharma created new record set at SSC Colombo for maximum balls faced by No. 10 and 11 batsmen. They faced 173 deliveries to add 39 runs for the 10th wicket.
9. Tendulkar extended his record number of test centuries to 48.
10. Sangakkara became the fastest to reach 8000 runs, in 151 innings, breaking Tendulkar’s record of 154 innings.
11. Sehwag equalies the record for fastest to reach 7000 runs in Number of Test Matches now with Wally Hammond. He scored in 79th Test match. In number of innings taken, he is 2nd best behind Hammond.
12. Mendis, with 78 in PSS Colombo 3rd test, created new record of highest runs by a number 10 batsman against India.
13. Samaraweera and Mendis created new SL record for 9th wicket against any nation by adding 118 runs in the 3rd test at PSS Colombo.
14. Tendulkar created new record of playing maximum tests. The 3rd test of the series was his 169th test. Earlier Steve Waugh held the record with 168 tests.
Leave a Reply