The hosts, Sri Lanka have reached the final in 2012, 2009 and lost the semifinal in 2010. With 17 wins and 8 losses in four appearances and being the top ranked team in ICC T20 ranking, SL is a strong force to reckon with at Bangladesh. Check their detailed performances in the last three World Cups.
2014 T20 WC Schedule and Results
T20 World Cup Team Profile: Sri Lanka
T20 World Cup: Records Against Sri Lanka
T20 World Cup: Partnership Record For and Against Sri Lanka
Won both Group C matches, but poor performance in Super Eight saw them knocked out. Mahela (159), Jayasuriya (154), Mubarak (105) and Sangakkara (104) aggregated 100 runs. Malinga with 7 wickets and Fernando 6 wickets led the bowlers.
- 1. Def Kenya by 172 runs.
2. Def New Zealand by 7 wickets.
3. Lost to Pakistan by 33 runs.
4. Def Bangladesh by 64 runs.
5. Lost to Australia by 10 wickets.
Just lost one match and that was in final. Dilshan with 317 runs topped the aggregate. Sangakkara, Jayasuriya (177 each) and Mahela (154) also aggregated above 100 runs in 7 matches.
Malinga and Mendis grabbed 12 wickets each. Muralitharana managed 9 wickets.
- 1. Def Australia by 6 wickets.
2. Def West Indies by 15 runs.
3. Def Pakistan by 19 runs.
4. Def Ireland by 9 runs.
5. Def New Zealand by 48 runs.
6. Def West Indies by 57 runs in Semifinal.
7. Lost to Pakistan by 8 wickets in Final.
Lost one match in Group B, one in Super Eight and then lost the semifinal to England. Mahela with 302 runs in 6 innings was their best batsmen. Sangakkara (139) and Mathews (119) also crossed 100-run mark. Malinga with 6 wickets led the bowling.
- 1. Lost to New Zealand by 2 wickets.
2. Def Zimbabwe by 14 runs.
3. Def West Indies by 57 runs.
4. Lost to Australia by 81 runs.
5. Def India by 5 wickets.
6. Lost to England by 7 wickets in Semifinal.
- 1. Def Zim by 82 runs.
2. Lost to South Africa by 32 runs.
3. Won Tie match against New Zealand
4. Def West Indies by 9 wickets.
5. Def England by 19 runs.
6. Semis: Def Pak by 16 runs.
7. Final: Lost against West Indies by 36 runs.
Leave a Reply