Ireland makes third consecutive entry in the 2012 T20 World Cup. They have already gained Super Eight entry in first apperance and created ripples. Overall they have played 28 T20s, winning 15 and losing 13. Interestingly for some days they were ranked above Australia before World Cup 2012, and are set to play against them at Group Stage. Here is their complete T20 record.
2014 T20 WC Schedule and Results
- Did not Qualify.
Knocked out Bangladesh to enter Super Eight where they lost all matches.
- 1. Def Bangladesh by 6 wickets in Group A.
2. Lost to India by 8 wickets in Group A.
3. Lost to New Zealand by 83 runs.
4. Lost to Sri Lanka by 9 runs.
5. Lost to Pakistan by 39 runs.
- 1. Lost to West Indies by 70 runs.
2. No result vs England.
- 1. Lost to Australia by 7 wickets.
2. No Result vs West Indies.
Overall T20 Performance
Playing 37 T20s they have won 18 of them. Against test playing nations they have managed to defeat West Indies and Bangladesh once each.
- vs Kenya won all 5 matches.
vs Afghanistan played 5, winning 3 and losing 2.
vs Bangladesh played 4, won 1 and lost 3.
vs Netherlands played 3, won 2 and one was abandoned.
vs Scotland won all the three matches.
vs Canada played 3, won 2 and lost 1 each.
vs Bermuda won the only match played.
vs England the only match produced no result.
vs West Indies played 4, won 1 and lost 2.
vs India, Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka lost the only match played.
- 19 players have represented Ireland in three T20 World Cups.
Cusack, KJ O’Brien and Porterfield are the only players to have played all the 9 T20 World Cup matches.
138/4 (vs Bangladesh) is their highest total in the World Cup.
68 (vs West Indies) is their lowest total in World Cup and overall only total below 100 runs.
77 (by India) for 1st wicket is the best partnership against them.
Ireland have faced four 50+ partnerships in World Cup.
Overall 7 half-centuries are recorded by Irish Batsmen in T20 matches, three of which are struck by Stirling.
- O’Brien brothers and Porterfield (108 runs) are the only batsmen to have crossed 100-run aggregate.
No 50+ individual score by Ireland.
15 sixes hit by Ireland in 9 matches of two World Cups.
Cusack with 10 wickets is their most successful bowler in World Cup.
Irish bowlers have taken 45 wickets in 9 matches.
- Cusack (10), McCallan (8), Rankin and Johnston (7 each) are the most successful bowlers.
4/18 by Cusack is their best performance. Dockrell (3/16) and Johnston (3/20) have reached 3-wicket milestone.
With 4.37 Dockrell (8 overs) is the only Irish bowler with economy below 6.00 in World Cup.
Leave a Reply