Li Ning China Masters 2012 saw Indian upsurge even when Saina Nehwal and Jwala Gutta were undergoing sabbatical. While in 17 year old PV Sindhu India has a new Women’s Singles star, even Jayaram surprised all. Except Women’s doubles Indians participated in all other four events. Here is the summary of results for all Indian participants.
PV Sindhu lost in Semifinal to 4th seed Yanjiao Jiang of China
- Semifinal lost 21-10, 14-21, 21-19 to Yanjiao
QF 21-19, 9-21, 21-16 def 2nd seed Chinese Xuerui Li
2nd Round 10-21, 21-7, 21-19 def Porntip (8th seed Thai)
1st Round 21-15, 21-12 def Jamie Subandhi (USA)
Ajay Jayaram lost semifinal
- SF lost 21-16, 21-18 to Yun Hu (Hongkong)
QF def 12-21, 21-14, 21-16 Sourabh Varma
2nd Round def 21-17, 11-21, 21-19 Zi Liang (Sin)
1st Round def 21-13, 21-17 Kenichi Tago (3rd Seed Japanese)
Sourabh Varma lost in Quarter Final
- QF lost to 12-21, 21-14, 21-16 to Jayaram.
2nd Round def 21-12, 21-16 Jen Hao Hsu (Taipei)
1st Round def 19-21, 21-17, 21-12 Daren Liew (USA)
Gurusaidutt lost in Quarterfinal to top seed Chen from China.
- QF Lost 21-8, 21-12 Long Chen (China)
won 2nd Round 21-13, 14-21, 21-19 against 8th seed Parupalli Kashyap.
Won 1st Round 21-18, 19-21, 21-13 Muhammad Hafiz from Malaysia.
8th seed Parupalli Kashyap lost in 2nd Round
- 2nd Round Lost 21-13, 14-21, 21-19 against Gurusaidutt
Anand Pawar lost in 1st Round to 2nd Seed Chinese Chen
- 1st Round 21-13, 14-21, 21-19 def Huan Gao (China)
Pranaav Jerry Chopra & Akshay Dewalkar lost in first round.
- 21-11, 17-21, 21-18 to unseeded Thai pair.
Tarun Kona & Arun Vishnu lost in 1st round.
- 18-21, 21-12, 21-19 to unseeded Danish pair.
Tarun Kona  & Ashwini Ponnappa lost in 1st round
- 21-9, 21-14 to Jian and Yin (Malaysia)