Indian Premier League has been ruled by foreign players. Maxwell of Australia collected the highest bid for IPL 6. Whether it was Shane Watson in the first IPL or Chris Gayle in the 4th and 5th edition, foreign players have lifted the quality of IPL matches. Sixth IPL has 90 foreign players from 7 countries. 5 of them are captains of their teams too. Check the Foreign players related facts.
Players from Australia (Aus), South Africa (SA), Sri Lanka (SL), West Indies (WI), New Zealand (NZ), England (Eng), Bangladesh (Ban) and Netherlands (Neth) are participating in IPL 6 edition.
Foreigner Facts of IPL
- Kolkata Knight Riders is the only team to have players from all the participating countries (7).
11 players is the maximum foreigners in a team. Kolkata Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians share the numbers.
Kings XI Punjab has the least number of foreigners (8 plyers) as well as foreign country (England and Australia) representation.
5 foreigners are the captains of Teams. Gilchrist (Kings XI), Angelo Mathews (Pune Warriors), Sangakkara (Sunrisers Hyderabad), Mahela Jaywardene (Delhi Daredevils), and Ponting (Mumbai Indians).
Brendum McCullum (KKR), Vettori (RCB), Steven Smith (Pune Warriors) are the foreigners who have been captain before in IPL.
Azhar Mahmood is a Pakistani international player who is playing on English Visa.
Australia is the only nation to have players in all the IPL teams.
Number of Foreign Players by IPL Teams
- 11 Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai Indians
10 Chennai Super Kings, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Pune Warriors, Royal Challengers Bangalore
9 Rajasthan Royals
8 Kings XI
Number of Foreign Players by Nation
- Aus: 35
Australian Players by IPL Teams
- Clint McKay, Cameron White, Chris Lynn (SH), James Faulkner, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Shane Watson (RR), Mitchell Marsh,Steven Smith, Aaron Finch, Kane Richardson (PWI), Ponting, Philip Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Aiden Blizzard, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Glenn Maxwell (MI), Moises Henriques, Andrew McDonald, Daniel Christian (RCB), Brett Lee, Brad Haddin, Ryan McLaren, James Pattinson (KKR), Gilchrist, David Hussey, Ryan Harris, Shaun Marsh, David Miller, Luke Pomersbach (Kings XI), David Warner (DD), Hilfenhaus, Michael Hussey, Dirk Nannes, Ben Laughlin (CSK)
West Indies Players by IPL Teams
- Darren Sammy (SH), Samuel Badree, Kevon Cooper, Fidel Edwards (RR), Chris Gayle, Ravi Rampaul, Christopher Barnwell (RCB), Marlon Samuels (PWI), Pollard, Dwayne Smith (MI), Sunil Narine (KKR), Andre Russell (DD), Dwayn Bravo, Jason Holder (CSK)
Sri Lankan Players by IPL Teams
- Sangakkara, Thisara Perera (SH), Kusal Janith Perera (RR), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Muttiah Muralitharan (RCB), Angelo Mathews, Ajantha Mendis (PWI), Malinga (MI), Sachitra Senanayake (KKR), Mahela Jayawardene, Royston Dias, Jeevan Mendis (DD), Akila Dananjaya, Nuwan Kulasekara (CSK)
South Africa Players by IPL Teams
- Duminy, Dale Steyn, Quinton de Kock (SH), AB de Villiers, Kallis (KKR), Morne Morkel, Johan Botha, Roelof van der Merwe, Gulam Bodi (DD), Faf du Plessis, Albie Morkel (CSK)
England Players by IPL Teams
- Owais Shah (RR), Luke Wright (PWI), James Franklin, Jacob Oram (MI), Eoin Morgan (KKR), Azhar Mahmood, Dimitri Mascarenhas (Kings XI), Pietersen (DD)
New Zealand Players by IPL Teams
- Nathan McCullum (SH), Daniel Vettori (RCB), Ross Taylor (PWI), Brendum McCullum (KKR), Jesse Ryder (DD)
Bangladesh Players by IPL Teams
- Tamim Iqbal (PWI), Shakib Al Hasan (KKR)
Netherlands Players by IPL Teams
- Ryan Doeschate (KKR)